Status Update – JabRef

As mentioned in this blog post here for the end of hacktoberfest, I was working on an issue we were having with JPackage for JabRef. After quite a lot of experimentation and back and forth between the maintainers of JabRef, we managed to come up with a solution that allowed for the compilation of the .msi installer for windows. Even so, the solution did not come without it’s own problems. As we managed to make the gradlew build finally compile the msi, the msi itself did not actually work with the directory chooser. Removing such temporarily ended up being the temporary solution as we wait for bug fixes that we had found in JPackage to be pushed upstream so it can be reenabled at a later date. But for now, JPackage is back to being functionally included within JabRef, and now I can go back to work on what the issue was originally supposed to be at some point.

The issue can be viewed here, and the PR can be viewed here.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create your website at WordPress.com
Get started
%d bloggers like this: